In addition to the powers provided for in article 40 of Law 3/2001, of July 3, of the Government and Administration of the Community of Castilla y León, the Following attributions correspond to the General Directorate of Cultural Heritage:
- The protection, conservation and restoration of cultural heritage.
- The planning, management and monitoring of strategies, programs and plans of action, protection, intervention or cooperation on the Cultural Heritage of Castilla y León.
- The promotion and development of innovation, research and training in the field of Cultural Heritage.
- The dissemination and valorization of cultural heritage assets, as well as the promotion of their accessibility.
- The management of the implementation of the protection regime for cultural heritage assets.
- Cultural heritage inspection.
- Any other that is attributed, deconcentrated, delegated or entrusted.