- Other exercises
- EU contribution amount
- EUR 379 415.00
- Contact email
The HNS TTX outside EU project aims :
- To identify areas for improvement and recommendations at international, national and operational level for host nation support procedures to facilitate the reception and integration of the UCPM assistance.
- To test the potential deployment and operations of modules and other response capacities from the UCPM, raise awareness about their needs in terms of host nation support and their integration in the civil protection system of the host nation.
- To test the national emergency response framework and cross-sectoral cooperation mechanisms at both strategic and operational levels in the area of host nation support.
- To improve interoperability, coordination, communication, reporting and logistical challenges between the different response capacities, international organisations, national authorities, local emergency management authorities, humanitarian actors and other agencies with a role in emergency response or host nation support activities.
- To provide a learning opportunity for all actors involved in UCPM interventions.
The exercises will have about 45 participants and 22 staff members. The host implementing partners for the two exercises are:
- Public Security Directorate – Civil Defense Directorate, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
- General Inspectorate for Emergency Situations – Ministry of Internal Affairs, Republic of Moldova.
Review of the second tabletop exercise, successfully conducted in close cooperation with the IGSU of the Republic of Moldova funded by the EU.
Is it OK to exercise, while earthquake response is ongoing? Yes, we are training and preparing exactly for missions like these!
More than 60 Civil Protection experts from 12 countries brought their experience to the EU Host Nation Support tabletop exercise.