- Contributing to enhance mutual cooperation for border general interventions between Italy and France
- Improving the quality of CBRN operations, enhancing the coordination to take the “right decision”, and interoperability ensuring a “Team Europe” approach
The action is carried out in the frame of protocols of cross border cooperation (CBC) already existing between the Ministries of the Interior of France and Italy signed in 2007 with the aim to improve and strengthen some tools currently used for common joint intervention at the border as well as providing new tools to cover specific management needs in CBRN and USAR. According to existing protocols and memoranda bilaterally signed, main aims of the project are:
- reinforcing the response in case of emergency due to CBRN event and collapse of structures implying USAR interventions which are considered among the most relevant risks affecting the two borders, as demonstrated by a risk assessment generating the memoranda (presence of nuclear power stations, tunnels, industrial sites etc.).
- covering a significant lack of standardisation in CBRN communication flow in terms of: a) standard forms to be used during the event using as a methodology borrowed from USAR standardisation model; b) a customised data management system to manage the data flow in a digital way while the CBRN operation occurs that will be also applicable in USAR-CBRN scenarios. This data management system is actually developed and made available by the Italian National Fire and Rescue Service, “Prometheus” (designed and developed by the co-funded DG ECHO project “Prometheus”) for USAR operations but can be tailored for any type of risk.
- enhancing an already existing virtual operational room between Turin and Chambéry to improve daily operations at the border and make it as a model for other borders’ joint action in terms of: a) correct classification of an event; b) unambiguous address; c) standard acronyms for equipment and resources; d) translation on real time of additional information.
Expected main outputs
- (S.O.F.I.A.) Sala Operativa Francia Italia Arco Alpino/Salle Opérationnelle France Italie Arc Alpin
The Virtual Operational Room for daily emergency management is improved and made more efficient. S.O.F.I.A. is implemented within Prometheus System (alert phase).
- Procedures for CBRN with standardised forms
- Prometheus – Data Management System, actually ready for USAR operations, will be available and ready to use for CBRN operations and S.O.F.I.A.
“Prometheus” actually available for USAR scenario, is freely downloadable in the 6 United Nations languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Spanish, Russian), plus Italian from: https://prometheusproject.eu/download/ or https://www.vigilfuoco.it/aspx/Page.aspx?IdPage=10314
Co-funded by DG ECHO, EC, UCPM Call 2019 PP -AG Prometheus Project, no. 874380
- EU Contribution
- EUR 36 346.34